POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System
From: ingo
Date: 21 Sep 2004 05:12:04
Message: <Xns956B71F178193seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:414e0d46@news.povray.org Rune wrote:

> ...but there can be lots of other reasons to change gain and pitch
> than just to simulate distance and doppler effect. For example I want
> my hovercraft to rise from the ground and into the air, and while
> doing this the sound of the engine rises both in volume (=gain) and
> in pitch. I can easily control this from within my POV-Ray file.

That's a dissapointment, OpenAL only knows about location and velocity,
not acceleration. Hmmm, so for other effects one has to come up with one's
own way to control pitch/gain.

> What's left for the sound-file you propose?

Sounds, source attributes, listener attributes, maybe buffer attributes,
everything except spatial data, triggers (state) and the frame stuff.

Ingo