POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Commercial stuff with PovRAY? : Re: Commercial stuff with PovRAY? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commercial stuff with PovRAY?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 12 Aug 2004 04:46:35
Message: <Xns95436E00853B8raf256com@203.29.75.35>
abx### [at] abxartpl news:gk5mh051gnv775p6rthoebs5ijqcmosb2i@4ax.com

> Note that while I use the same native language as Rafal, he prefered
> to use his broken english to complain. While I'm not that much

Yeap, I was thinking - what language to use - my perfect english skills, or
my bad ones, after a while I decided to use the second possibility.

> in shops for 1$ and less. POV-Ray is IMO something which deserves to
> be targeted to kind of elite (in the meaning of degree of inteligence
> and discovery nature) which means that people should _want_ to find it
> (accidental finding is also caused by searching nature), _want_ to try

Maybe hide www.povray.org then? It will require more searching nature to
find Pov then.

> it, _want_ to stay with it and _want_ to investigate furtherand. Some
> do it making awesome photorealistic images, some do it making patches,
> some do it making helpful include files. Ok. I probably wrote too long
> obscure paragraph here but I needed some rest from other task.

And for serious, I thought that most programs want either to have more
funding, or to be more popular. IRTC CDs, keyrings was aimed for first
purpose, promoting PovRAY by search engines, competitions etc - at second
one. I hoped to gave both more or less.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/