POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is POV vulnerable? : Re: Is POV vulnerable? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is POV vulnerable?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 5 Aug 2004 07:55:37
Message: <Xns953C8E2378C04raf256com@203.29.75.35>
war### [at] tagpovrayorg news:4111f2aa@news.povray.org

>   We are currently living in the year 2004, not 1980. We have have at
>   least
> 30 years of experience about buffer overflow exploits. And still
> people out there are writing code where buffer overflows are possible.
>   And these people seriously think they know how to code. Yeah.

Indeed... I dont understand how it is possible accessing memory of other
process by pointer mistake (imho OS should disallow this) or writting any
code-pages, even own...

Perhaps grSecurity / SeLinux prevent that bug from corrupting code and make
it almost useless?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/