POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay as a renderer for commercial program : Re: PovRay as a renderer for commercial program Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay as a renderer for commercial program
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 4 Aug 2004 11:04:50
Message: <Xns953BAE39AE3ECraf256com@203.29.75.35>
mra### [at] hotmailcom news:4110f039@news.povray.org

> Not to butt in or anything, but the POV-Team is an entirely volunteer
> effort, and I'm sure they get a massive amount of e-mails every day.
> It also seems that the question you're asking should be covered in the
> distribution license.

It was more a request to grand me (my company) licence (in writting etc) to
distribute PovRAY on one CD along with a commercial program.

> As an aside -- have you considered using OpenGL as a preview method,

Preview will be in wire-mode, and I will write it probably in allegro or
allegroGL library. The final visualization is a problem, and PovRAY - not
only that I like it most, also it is *perfect* tool for my purpose,
probably most comfortable to achive 3d visualiztion of this kind of 3d
objects.

> with POV-Ray as an option for output? Puts all legal questions aside.

Only question is - can I put PovRAY on one CD, because program should be
user-freindly (also lame, busy or lazy users friendly), therefore asking
"please go to here and download povray" is quite roode.

In fact... instalation program could ask "I must connect to internet to
download PovRAY program, should I do it now or later?" but
- user must have internet connetcion
- it's not as comfortable (downloading will take a while)
- it's unnesesary overloading povray.org server

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/