POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : better radiosity in animation? : Re: better radiosity in animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: better radiosity in animation?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 1 Aug 2004 17:28:20
Message: <Xns9538EE295F94Fraf256com@203.29.75.35>
sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi news:410d5b8d$1@news.povray.org

> Could you prepare a minimal scene for me (and others too, of course)
> that shows clearly this flickering - also a short animation would be
> nice. Try to make it as simple and as fast to render as possible.

Oki, it might tak a wile but I will do it (currently both my PCs are
rendering ~5 days animation).

> Also
> state all the output and render settings (resolution etc.) and how you
> compile the actual movie (which format, bitrate, program...).

I watch raw pov output (or - convert .png's into uncompressed RGB avi or
losseless MPNG, or losseless YUV codec).

Perhaps flickering _is_ there, but codec get rigs of it for YOu (decreasing
output quality)? The flickering is quite delicate (but still notacible in
hi-quality movie) - can You check also .png's before compression?

under linux You ca ndo it easyly by:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-enc-images.html

mencoder mf:// -mf fps=25:type=png -ovc raw -oac copy -o output.avi
(or lower FPS rate).

Btw, is there a good, easy to use image viewing program for Linux that can
use one key (like space-bar) to go to next image in directory (something
like irfanview or ACDsee)?

PS Can You please present source of YOur's test scene?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/