POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newbie Question: a simple polygon in 3D : Re: Newbie Question: a simple polygon in 3D Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie Question: a simple polygon in 3D
From: ingo
Date: 17 Jul 2004 14:10:11
Message: <Xns9529CD309EDD5seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.40f7958f7069c0019335918f0@news.povray.org  wrote:

>  have cut an object into many slices. For each slice I have taken a
> photographical image... I can get the X Y coordinates of the
> perimeter of this object in each slice.. Using POV-Ray, I 'd like to
> reconstruct this object in 3D. Someone can help me?..

Have a look at this:
http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~gmt11/software/isosurf/isosurf.html
the problem may be how to convert the output to a POV-Ray mesh object.

Another option is to convert your images to grayscale TGA's and then turn
it into a df3-file  http://www.users.on.net/~pod/df3/
This then can be used with isosurfaces or media for the latter:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13012/

Ingo