POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distributed render : Re: Distributed render Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distributed render
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 11 Jun 2004 11:07:16
Message: <Xns9505ADBD461A2raf256com@203.29.75.35>
abx### [at] abxartpl news:ek6jc0pqg1313gv43dqo485du7mag1h7re@4ax.com

> With the risk of repeating it again, are you aware of how many objects
> are hit in radiosity scenes for each pixel with every intersection? Do
> you know memory behind it?

Who said that each ray should have full history of with objects is he
depending on (with object do this ray or its children etc. hit ;) ?

Its another way around, YOu have one object i.e. 27-th isosurface in scene,
YOu store its pointer globaly, and each ray only have a boolean information
did he hit it - YES or NO

> Do you know that antialiasing increases it?

it don't in case a above

> Do not theoretize please, Rafal. Take a compiler which you already
> have and finaly prove us something! I would be happy to see it.

I would also heapy if I just had some free time...

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/