POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64bit windows compile? : Re: 64bit windows compile? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 09:57:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64bit windows compile?
From: Rich
Date: 23 Apr 2004 10:08:36
Message: <Xns94D452D83ADC2spammindspringcom@203.29.75.35>
My apologies for starting such a controversial thread!  :)

Right now there are two versions of Windows XP 64bit, one for the Itanium
and one for extended systems such as the Opeteron and AMD64.  I'm pretty
sure I asked for a 64bit compile of POV for Windows XP 64bit for extended
systems.  I didn't make my request specific enough for some of you, and
again I apologize for that.

I'm really happy to see the reports of the Linux builds, and the apparent
speed up that results.  I am thinking about replacing my Windows XP 64bit
install with Mandrake 64bit, to take advantage of the successful compiles
by Matthias, but there are even fewer drivers for my hardware available on
Linux than there are on Windows XP 64bit at the moment.  <sigh>

I'm hoping someone will try a Windows XP 64bit for extended systems compile
some time soon. I'll happily use my machine for testing new compiles!  :)

Rich Allen