POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 5 Apr 2004 06:40:29
Message: <Xns94C28087FEF8Fraf256com@203.29.75.35>
#macro tim.nikias (@) #local = "nolights.de" #end
news:407135b8$1@news.povray.org

> The problem, as has been discussed sometime earlier somewhere, is that
> the newsgroups don't have means to certify the age of the visitor.

Hmm Yes, but separate group could be displayed (via www) in different way
then other "normal" groups.

And as for news:// well, I think that name .adults is quite clear, and also
- in same way news://*.sex.* exists.

> So, if we assume kids of age 12 and up, what kind of images are
> appropriate for them?
> Sexual explicit content just isn't.

Btw. I think... what would happened even if just kid see such image?
If it is *realy* yung he will not understand it, is it is older - well, in
99.999% cases he would already know how to type "free sex" in google.

And even if so, I think that such image will not kill children. Neither wil
it destroy its psihics or turn it into monster ;)

But this are just my thoughts, im not a psychiatrist and maybe im totaly
mistaking.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/