POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Random thoughts about povray and xml : Re: Random thoughts about povray and xml Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random thoughts about povray and xml
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 20 Mar 2004 22:53:49
Message: <Xns94B2E8EA926D0tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in

> XML/XSLT are a late internet-bubble hype
> that create bloated, slow and complex programs in absolutely every
> place they have ever been used.  Consequently, every responsible
> designer and programmer should avoid this combination like the plague!
>  They are no good for anything they have ever been used for.
>
> Consequently, even the suggestion to use XML is a total waste of time!
>
>     Thorsten

I agree wholeheartedly in the case of SDL.  However, for the IMPFarm, XML
was a very good fit.  It provided an easy way issue rendertasks from a
database at the webserver to then be parsed at the client in perl.
Switching to XML simplified the code significantly.

--
Tom