POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : .ray format? : Re: .ray format? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .ray format?
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 19 Mar 2004 08:02:52
Message: <Xns94B18EDDA9084raf256com@203.29.75.35>
nor### [at] t-onlinede news:405a931e$1@news.povray.org

> Hi,
> I tried it by myself one year ago with these old files from Nathan
> o'Brian. It is extremely time consuming to do it by hand, which is
> what I tried. Despite looking easy, I was only successful in small
> parts, because the csg affords too much concentration.

If You have some experience in that, I was thinking about writting a
converter. Assuming it would take about... 2 weeks of regular work, do YOu
think it is worth the effort? i.e.:
1) are there meany works in rayshade?
2) any chance that someone will buy this converter ;) ?

> The most important Rayshade scene description formate rules can be
> seen at http://netghost.narod.ru/gff/graphics/summary/rayshade.htm.

Thanks

> There is no converter of .ray to .pov files except one, but IIRC this
> utility only handles meshes (don't find the name).
> If you find one, I would be glad to hear from you.
> Norbert Kern

It looks like I could write one, but unfortunately I probably can not do it
totaly non-profit (out-of-free-time)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/