POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 9 Mar 2004 18:11:38
Message: <Xns94A7B912CEF84tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
news:l4as40lb39iv61huj2r191n76q3jbfir3u@4ax.com:

> Any rules I have broken I have corrected myself on. I'm no longer
> using foul language. The format postings were, after all, permitted.
> Yes, I certainly appear rude to some, but let's face it, when in
> argument with others, one certainly will appear rude.

IMHO, I think most people who frequent this server prefer having a
discussion rather than an argument.  Perhaps you misunderstood the intent
of my earlier quote of the the Acceptable Use Policy.  That specific
paragraph not only referenced profanity, but conduct as well.  Rude
behavior and harrasment are not condoned.  I include the relevant paragraph
below.

    Users of this news server may not post messages that could
    reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
    reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
    to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
    insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
    on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
    considered unacceptable.

--
Tom