POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:16:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 7 Mar 2004 15:12:33
Message: <Xns94A59AB6B55B3tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
news:tvtm40pt8c6r6paljai9n8ucpkqre48epm@4ax.com:

> Don't be so ignorant. Re-read the thread. See what we are writing
> about.

Follow your own advice.  Others have made the same points I have.
JPEG200 was proposed as a solution.  Alternative solutions have been
proposed.  Each one has trade-offs for size, speed, quality and
compatibility.

"WE" have broadened the discussion.

> I'm seeing if it can be changed now.

If you haven't already realized, it is not going to happen "Now".
Continuing this line of argument is pointless.  If you want to discuss
possible timelines for support, or alternative avenues of investigation
then that is a different matter.

> Who said I was breaking the rules? PAY ATTENTION.
>
> I posted a JPEG2000 file once and was told not to do so again. This I
> have complied with.

You need to read the Acceptable use Policy of this server.  A short
excerpt follows.

    Users of this news server may not post messages that could
    reasonably be expected, by today's standards, to cause another
    reasonable person to not want to use or visit this server due
    to a feeling of harassment. Personal attacks, exhibiting
    insulting or abusive behavior, are not an acceptable activity
    on this news server. Likewise, the use of profanity is also
    considered unacceptable.

> Again, where on Earth do you get the idea that we must all be
> fluffy-puppy with one another? What kind of debating system is that?

A productive one.  Debate on the merits of an argument with consideration
to opposing viewpoints.  Granting the benefit of the doubt, and asking
for clarification.

--
Tom