POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 7 Mar 2004 14:19:44
Message: <Xns94A591C2033C7tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in
news:72qm40ho4heokncnp2jbp1q5i0knh7gk1o@4ax.com:

> More power to your elbow, but we are talking jpeg/2000 here.

Evidently the royal "We".  You have already been informed by one of the
admins that jpeg2000 is not "currently" an approved format.  That may
change in the future.  Get over it.  There is another option currently
available to you that will display your images in all their glory.  Use it
or don't.  In the meantime, don't expect approval for breaking the rules.

I am not defending the act of conversion to jpeg that was done on your
image.  I think you overreacted, and let your emotion cloud your judgement,
when reponding to others.  I am no stranger to profanity.  I just find it
tiresome when used by amateurs indiscriminately to poor effect.  If you
wish to see an example of the creative use of profanity, may I reccomend
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/

I won't killfile you because I disagree with you.  You have in the past
made wonderful contributions to the community.  Sadly, your current tirade
adds little, and only harms yourself.  A little common courtesy goes a long
way.

--
Tom