POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 7 Mar 2004 11:27:39
Message: <Xns94A57490E2A1Btomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in news:afhm40de9d1agdf7cbsenivvrdidf5b73s@
4ax.com:

>>That's an opinion.
>
> Well, fucking duh. Like to point out the sky is blue?
>
> Try actually responding sensibly to my opinion instead of merely
> pointing out that it is one. Or can't you think of a better set of
> arguments to defend your obviously lazy position?

Was I disrespectful?  You certainly crossed the line, and not just in this
post.  The vehemence of your responses in these threads has presented
opinion as self-evident fact.  Forgive me for trying a gentle reminder.  If
you are the only person pushing for JPEG2000 you may want to examine the
logic of incorporating them on these groups at this time.

My arguments for PNG have an advantage in that they are already and
accepted on these newsgroups as the preferred method for displaying images
with out loss of quality.

--
Tom