POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CD reflection-dispersion effect : CD reflection-dispersion effect Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  CD reflection-dispersion effect
From: Raf256
Date: 29 Feb 2004 06:22:21
Message: <Xns949E7E3827806spamraf256com@203.29.75.35>
Hi,
I must write an CD effect shader, that will produce this rainbow-like
effect observed on CD disc. I guess it is hard to implement, today only
few renderers do support it (Maya and/or Cienema 4D AFAIR).

Maybe someone can give me some hints/suggestions?

If I will succeed in writting it for my company, I'll probably spend some
time to port it as PovRay plugin (in fact I will have to write it again
from scratch due to licence ;)