POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scope of identifiers in nested Macros : Re: Scope of identifiers in nested Macros Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scope of identifiers in nested Macros
From: ingo
Date: 3 Jan 2004 08:59:07
Message: <Xns94659871D5E46seed7@netplex.aussie.org>
in news:3ff6c719$1@news.povray.org Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Because then you could no longer distinguish parse-time processing from
> render-time processing, [...]

I do not understand, probably because I don't know what both are.
Parse-time processing, I guess, is all the stuff that has to done to get
the objects into memory. That would include doing the loops and macro's
and stuff.
Render-time processing, besides of shooting the rays I can only think of
functions.

Ingo