POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : text & trace() bug : Re: text & trace() bug Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text & trace() bug
From: Alain
Date: 24 Oct 2003 12:44:57
Message: <Xns941E81B69E7E0Caelum@204.213.191.226>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:3f992701@news.povray.org:

>   A workaround (read: kludge) would be to take the intersection point
> [...]

Sounds good.  I was thinking of basing myself on the text's orientation.
Since the front and back of the text should always (I think) be flat, then
a collision with a text trace normal that is parallel with the front normal
would be used as is, all others would be negated.  This would mean that I
would need to keep track of the text orientation, but I think it might also
mean less computation in the sim loop.