POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Entering changed (70KB) - 1 attachment : Re: Entering changed (70KB) - 1 attachment Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:35:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Entering changed (70KB) - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 22 Oct 2003 17:22:40
Message: <Xns941CEDD114341torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Dave Matthews" <dma### [at] wrmnwestmnscuedu> wrote in

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>
>>The surface beneath the "hoses" has trails
>>that are made with "negative blobbing".
>>(I.e. "Hoses" with a little greater radius
>>has been subtracted from the surface.)
>>
> I like that effect.

If you don't already know how to do this, then you
can find some info about about how to do it here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/20681

> How do you make the "hose" isosurface?

I will try to find time to clean up the code and
post it somewhere.

In the meantime it could be useful to have a look
at the code for this image:

http://home.no/t-o-k/povray/Isosurface-Cubic_Space_Division.jpg

You can find the sourcecode for it at this page:

http://home.no/t-o-k/povray

(The way the "hose" isosurface is made, is not very
different from the way the "bars" are made in that
image.)

Tor Olav