POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : quaternions.inc : Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Oct 2003 17:35:05
Message: <Xns940EEFBC5E034torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
None <Non### [at] onca> wrote in news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

> Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in
> news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:
>
>> [...]
>> Note that in this expression:
>> [...]
>
> Wow, thanks for the great advice and explanations.  I did figure out
> that the (c?a:b) was evaluating both expressions and the AxAn() divide
> error, sorry to have you go through my code as well, I should have
> just taken a moment to figured those out earlier.
>
> Thanks for your other suggestions (variables, epsilon, code, etc.),
> much appreciated,  I will use most of them.  I'm adding a few more
> rotation macros and will revise all of my variables names.

I'm glad that I could help you  =)

> As for the log() in the Qln(), it's operating on the scalar, and I'm
> pretty sure that's what it should be, but don't make me explain
> quaternions I still don't quite understand them.

Hmmmm... I hope that you are aware that in POV-Ray v3.5 log()
is no longer the natural logarithm function. (It is now the
base 10 logarithm.)

To get the natural logarithm in POV-Ray v3.5, simply use the
ln() function.

See:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/24/

Tor Olav