POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : quaternions.inc : Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation
From: None
Date: 8 Oct 2003 18:02:56
Message: <Xns940EB799166A3None@204.213.191.226>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

> Hmmmm... I hope that you are aware that in POV-Ray v3.5 log()
> is no longer the natural logarithm function. (It is now the
> base 10 logarithm.)
>
> To get the natural logarithm in POV-Ray v3.5, simply use the
> ln() function.
>
> See:
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/24/

OMG, I don't know what I was smoking yesterday, yikes.  I did assume log()
was the natural logarithm, I was thinking C math.h.  I don't know why it
didn't click when you mentionned ln(), sorry.

Thanks for pointing that out (again), wow I feel silly.