POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : quaternions.inc : Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:42:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation
From: None
Date: 8 Oct 2003 00:33:20
Message: <Xns940E5A887C07None@204.213.191.226>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

>   #local R = f_r(Q.x, Q.y, Q.z);

Is "f_fr(x,y,z)" much faster than "sqrt( x*x + y*y + z*z )"?  I'm wondering
because I don't find it reads better and perhaps the overhead of including
"functions.inc" (if one wasn't using it in the first place) might not make
it that beneficial?