POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : quaternions.inc : Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:05:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QSample1.pov - Basic sample for using quaternions.inc for rotation
From: None
Date: 7 Oct 2003 23:47:24
Message: <Xns940DF202C2EEFNone@204.213.191.226>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

> [...]
> Note that in this expression:
> [...]

Wow, thanks for the great advice and explanations.  I did figure out that
the (c?a:b) was evaluating both expressions and the AxAn() divide error,
sorry to have you go through my code as well, I should have just taken a
moment to figured those out earlier.

Thanks for your other suggestions (variables, epsilon, code, etc.), much
appreciated,  I will use most of them.  I'm adding a few more rotation
macros and will revise all of my variables names.

As for the log() in the Qln(), it's operating on the scalar, and I'm pretty
sure that's what it should be, but don't make me explain quaternions I
still don't quite understand them.