POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Control (time frames I Guess) : Re: Animation Control (time frames I Guess) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 10:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Control (time frames I Guess)
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 18 Sep 2003 20:52:29
Message: <Xns93FAD3EAC665BPOVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote in

> Great. Let me know if you have any questions about Chris's
> stuff. I've been using it regularly for a few years.

Hi D.,

Well I'll shoot this one at you then.

An axample of what I have been trying to do would best be
explained by this real world example:

Drop a rubber ball into a liquid that is flowing somewhat,
It sinks a bit,
bobs back to the surface,
and bobs some more until it reaches an equilibrium.
all this time moving in the direction of the liquid flow.

My interests are in the first sink-and-bob while flowing.

Now, Chris's "bounce" paramater brings the object back to the
previous "from" or "to" directive's position, assuming the
drop is in the -y and the flow is in the +z, I would like the
bounce to happen from y to -y to y (this is normal) at the
same time -z to z (and not back to -z).

This may not be clear, if not I'll try to explain some other
way.

Let me know.

Thanks

--