POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file : Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 16 Sep 2003 18:16:16
Message: <Xns93F8B97A048E3POVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
"Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in

> de news:3f670e1a$1@news.povray.org...
>> to do that, nor can I find anything in the documentation
>> about it. Am I stuck doing it the hard way?
>
> Copy the file into a spreadsheet (e.g. Excel), do the job
> there and copy the result back.
> Actually I often use Excel for this sort of job.

Oooooouch, so long as it works for you, I guess it's alright.

Excel does have a limit of 65,536 lines though.

I try as much as possible to stay away from word/excel, you
know whats going in but cannot rely on what comes out :)

There are tons of "programmer" text editors out there up for
grabs, I very good one I have been using for a number of
years is editplus, you can have a look here.

    	http://www.editplus.com/.

It supports

- PC/Mac/Unix line termination, you can switch on the fly.

- Plain-text, unicode, UTF-8

- It supports keyword highlighting for many languages.
  (you can define your own for POV code too)

For what it's worth, it can come very handy to some of you.

--
Marc Champagne
marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca