POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Control (time frames I Guess) : Animation Control (time frames I Guess) Server Time
29 Jun 2024 07:08:03 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Control (time frames I Guess)
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 13 Sep 2003 23:14:20
Message: <Xns93F5EBFDF15EFPOVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Hi again!

During an animation sequence, if an object is to:

    	do something for 2 seconds
    	stay idle for 3 seconds
    	do something for 3 seconds

What method or methods have any of you used in your code for
this type of control?

Assuming:

    	+kff???
    	+ki0 (default)
    	+kf1 (default)
    	And that we encode the final animation at 25 fps.

Would one use something like this to figure out where in time
we are?

#declare T = frame_number / 25 ;

#if ( T<2 | ( T>5 & T<8 ) )
    	do something
#end

This seems obvious but maybe there are other proven
techniques one could use.

Thanks

--
Marc Champagne