POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : field render : Re: field render Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: field render
From: Raf256
Date: 5 Sep 2003 17:20:09
Message: <Xns93EDEDDD97FEAspamraf256com@204.213.191.226>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in

> You need to merge the frames, using some other software, into an
> interlaced video of 25 fps. This is what I consider field-rendering.
> The result should be interlaced video. POV-Ray doesn't merge them,
> but outputs 50 separate files for 1 second of video. Their
> resolution is half the usual height.

Goal is to prepare movie for TV (i.e. PAL standard).
First I used 720x576 with 25 fpp, so one second of animation was:

start_frame=0  end_frame=25
start_clock=0  end_clock=1

in pov file
#declare Clock = clock; // Clock must be in seconds

Then when I realized that field render is needed i used same .ini file, I
just added filed_render=yes
  start_frame=0  end_frame=25
  start_clock=0  end_clock=1
  filed_render=yes
and in .pov no hange

and You are saing that in fact I need
  start_frame=0  end_frame=50
  start_clock=0  end_clock=1
  filed_render=yes
and in .pov   #declare Clock = clock;

?

In other words when creating field render material I must double tha
frame rate ?