POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Weird rendering situation : Re: Weird rendering situation Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird rendering situation
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 24 Aug 2003 13:29:32
Message: <Xns93E188E22779FPOVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
"Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in news:3f4759fd@news.povray.org:

> news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
>> I have an animation sequence with options +kff300 +kf7,
>> the parsing is runs through, but the rendering sometimes
>> "hangs" forever in a frame, consumes all CPU and memory
>> consumption is not affected.
>
> For the record, I've had a similar problem in stills and wasn't able to
> debug it. It's a bug, because stoping and restarting (with +C) the render
> did allow the render to continue normally. It's repeatable (tested on
> another machine), but I've not been able to make a scene simple enough to
> test it and submit it as a real bug :(

With a lot of tweaking, I managed to figure out what was causing the
"hanging", the 2 commented paramters are the culprits.

That is as far as I can go though.

#declare Stream =
   texture {
      pigment  {  color rgb <0.93,0.62,0.64> * 1.2 }
      finish   {  diffuse     0.85
                  ambient     0
                  specular    0.9
                  roughness   0.03