POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray? : Re: Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vector graphics program exporting to PoV-Ray?
From: ingo
Date: 21 Aug 2003 12:55:45
Message: <Xns93DEC08EA6C54seed7@povray.org>

> I'm looking for a vector graphics program (for Windows or Linux) which
> is able to export polygons and curves,
> especially Bezier curves, as splines to PoV-Ray. The program should also
> support import of bitmap graphics, so that I
> would be able to manually draw a bezier curve based on a scanned image.

Open the images with The Gimp. Use for example select by colour to select
the calligraphies. Then selection to path, save the path. You can use my
little Python script gimppath2pov to convert the points of the path to an
array that can be used by POV-Ray as a bezier spline.
http://members.home.nl/seedseven/#gimpov

Ingo