POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height_field question : height_field question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  height_field question
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 17 Aug 2003 19:26:54
Message: <Xns93DAC58402D1EPOVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Hi folks!

I have spotted this snippit of code in Rune's Particle System
and am not quite sure how to interpret this, I fail to locate
any bla bla in the docs concerning this example.

=================
flow.pov snippit
=================
   height_field {
      function 300,300 {pattern {bumps scale 0.1 translate <1.0,0.3,0.0>}}
      smooth
      translate <-0.5,-0.5,-0.2>
      scale <12,1.6,12>
      rotate -15*z
   }
======================
Documentation snippit
======================
HEIGHT_FIELD:
    height_field{
      [HF_TYPE]
      "filename"
      [HF_MODIFIER...]
      [OBJECT_MODIFIER...]
    }
HF_TYPE:
    gif | tga | pot | png | pgm | ppm | jpeg | tiff | sys
HF_MODIFIER:
    hierarchy [Boolean]  |
    smooth               |
    water_level Level

What concerns me first is the use of "function" above, If I interpret
this correctly, the "function" replaces (([HF_TYPE] "filename" )) right?

Secondly, I havn't a clue as to what the 300,300 does right after the
"function" keyword.

Any advice on this?

Thanks

--