POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurfaces functions by Tsutomu Higo : Re: Isosurfaces functions by Tsutomu Higo Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurfaces functions by Tsutomu Higo
From: None
Date: 1 Aug 2003 23:57:33
Message: <Xns93CAF3B7252DANone@204.213.191.226>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in news:3f2aa6af$1
@news.povray.org:

> Tsutomu just sent me this so I thought I'd share.
> [...]

Cool stuff on his site, thanks for sharing.  I was looking around his
site and found the "Hair" under the "CONNECT%" category.  Love it, short
and simple Povray code, yet brilliant for having come up with it.  I
wanted to see if it could be easily animated, so I did a short animation
with it (Windows Media):

http://www3.sympatico.ca/4ad/images/HigoHair.wmv

Cool effect!  And all I did was put a clock variable on lines 26 and 27
of his "lpcohair.txt" file.  Rendered in less than 3 hours for 300 frames
at 512x384.
Source file: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nj2t-hg/ilpov5e.htm
Lines 26 and 27 were modified to:
    #declare Xr =Xr+(6+clock*20)*rand(R1);
    #declare Yr =Yr+(6+clock*20)*rand(R1);

Tsutomu has a great mathematical mind's eye.