POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Internet Movie Project (IMP) v2.0 : Re: Internet Movie Project (IMP) v2.0 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet Movie Project (IMP) v2.0
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 15 Jul 2003 10:51:27
Message: <Xns93B96E4C57419tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Doug Eichenberg" <dou### [at] nlsnet> wrote in

> Quite impressive actually.  You guys have obviously put some time into
> this project lately.

Thanks.  It's funny but at least a third of the members have no interest in
POV-Ray at all.  They are distributed computing enthusiasts, and just like
a cool project they can donate clock cycles to.  It's like they are
saying...

  "Here! Please! Take my 3 gigahertz pentium IV and render with it"

I am sure we could easily triple that with a little recruiting on the DC
sites ala a render@Home campaign