POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Platform Independent Render Farm Manager? : Re: Platform Independent Render Farm Manager? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:44:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Platform Independent Render Farm Manager?
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 13 Jul 2003 21:17:59
Message: <Xns93B7D88763F8Btomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Aerial Bear" <web### [at] aerialbearcom> wrote in

> 1) Interesting! But source forge indicates no released code yet - what
> am I missing?

Sorry for the long delay.  The code at sourceforge was available in cvs.
Since then we have released packages for both windows and linux.

> 2) What mechanism are you using to run ASP on linux? Or does linux
> support await the all perl version?

Just the server portion is awaiting perl. The initial conversion should be
done in a few more weeks.

>>We avoided it because or the potential for problems with media.
>
> Could you summarize these?

Sorry, I meant radiosity.  Rendering tiles and glueing them back together
has the potential for introducing artifacts.