POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Retrieving / Changing output options from script : Re: Retrieving / Changing output options from script Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retrieving / Changing output options from script
From: Breton Slivka
Date: 2 Jul 2003 00:26:31
Message: <Xns93ABE6B3F81FEZenPsychoyahoocom@204.213.191.226>
Jesse Hallam <hal### [at] amtelecomnet> wrote in news:3f0231f6@news.povray.org:

> Is there anyway to acess or change the paramaters from within the
> script? For example, I am trying to achieve a two-pass render, and would
> like the second pass to read in the first pass as an image_map... but I
> would like the output options to be changed dynamically for each script
> name.
>
> For example, if the pov src file = "test.pov", then the resulting image
> (in my configuration, would be test.png) -- I would like to grab
> "test.png", and change it to "test_image_map.png", which is then read in
> on the second pass.
>
> Any way to achieve the above, and more?
>
> Thanks for suggestions

I suppose you could create an INI file which contains all your output
options, and then dynamically change this file using povray file I/O.

But then the details of getting it to automatically render two in a row or
however many are slightly beyond me, since when rendering an animation, it
doesn't re-read output options between frames.

Though if you're using a command line version of povray, this task could be
made much simpler by just making a shell script that invokes povray with
different output options however many times or different ways you want.