POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : With and without a light_source - 2 attachments : Re: With and without a light_source - 2 attachments Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:58:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: With and without a light_source - 2 attachments
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 24 Jun 2003 16:00:35
Message: <Xns93A4E155BF1EBtorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in news:3ef86de7$1@news.povray.org:

> Slope maps?

It all started with my experiments with slope maps for isosurfaces.

But: No it is not made with slope maps.

I used a function controlled texutre map to make the shading and
the phong highlights.

The function calculates (numerically) the slope of isosurfaces and
uses information about the directions to the camera and the light
source to calulate a value that I use to control the brightness of
the texture at each point on the isosurface.

Also see my answer to Ross Litscher some minutes ago in this thread.

Tor Olav