POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: When is the new version of POVRay os going to go out? : Re: When is the new version of POVRay os going to go out? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When is the new version of POVRay os going to go out?
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 22 Jun 2003 19:27:26
Message: <Xns93A2C5D57C2C1tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Manuel" <man### [at] tinit> wrote in news:3ef62fea@news.povray.org:

> I hope the 4.0 will be GPL.
> What about this?
>

> Manuel

AFAIK The last Official announcement on this matter is:

http://news.povray.org/povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions/16712/

I suspect there will be another update in a year or two after 3.51 is
released and the team has had some time to recuperate.

Tom

P.S. While searching for that link I found that the link on the FAQ page
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/faq/ for "Current Version" that
points to http://www.povray.org/cgi-bin/redirect?vfaq is broken.