POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : In need of a complete tutorial for beginers : Re: In need of a complete tutorial for beginers Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In need of a complete tutorial for beginers
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 19 Jun 2003 14:31:04
Message: <Xns939F938E83503tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Asterisco" <luism@hotmail.com> wrote in news:web.3ef1fb4d5fc5bbad886b7c970
@news.povray.org:

> I've already read the instructions and turotials but I don't
> understand how to use this program.

Under windows?

File - > Open
Choose one of the samples scenes in
C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\scenes or where ever you
installed POV-Ray to:

Click the render button.

The image is saved by default as a tga in the same directory where the file
was opened from.

If you have specific questions about the Scene Description Language feel
free to post in this newsgroup.  Beyond that, read the docs, read the
newsgroups, repeat as neccesary.