POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment : Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Jun 2003 23:07:28
Message: <Xns9393354507B9Ftorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
Xilo Musimene <xil### [at] hotpopcom> wrote in
news:3ED### [at] hotpopcom:

> Stunned me totally!
>
> I tried in the past to do the same kind of thing, a movie and made the
> sticks in deformed motion like your picture, but I used simple cylinders
> and a special lens over my camera to distort the cylinders, needless to
> say it was much less perfect that yours!  10 points for you! ;)
>
> BTW, I think the texture is fine, have you thought on adding IOR or
> reflection?  If so, then I would suggest scaling the texture and
> possibly make the texture the normal texture (though I wonder if it
> affects reflection and IOR as it should).
>
> Good work!
>
> I wish I could understand isosurfaces as you do!

Thank you very much !

I'm currently trying to make a rusty and a little bit reflective metal
texture. Some "normals" are already present in the isosurface itself
(It is displaced by the same pattern that controls the pigment.), so
maybe I should increase the displacement instead of adding normals to
the texture (?)

Tor Olav