POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment : Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:00:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 6 Jun 2003 22:57:17
Message: <Xns9393338AFB5A7torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
sascha <sas### [at] userssourceforgenet> wrote in

> > For the texture you could try some sort of old unreflecting rusty
> > metal.
>
> Yes, I had the same thought - maybe using some blurry reflection
> (takes awfully long to render) and some rusty spots.

I'm trying to make a rusty texture, but I'm not very successful at it.

> An animated one would be cool...

I think so too, but currently it takes about 6 hours per frame to
render, so I think that I'll have to wait a couple of years for that
to be doable. (Maybe when I get my first 10 GHz PC)

=(

Tor Olav