POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment : Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 5 Jun 2003 10:26:43
Message: <Xns9391A86D0DD7Etorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in news:3ED### [at] spamfr:

> Real cool ! I should definitly think more about iso surfaces ...

Thank you.

Both the POV-Ray manual and Mike Williams' isosurface tutorial page:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut
has much useful information about isosurfaces.

> For the texture you could try some sort of old unreflecting rusty metal.

Good idea. I'm not good with textures, so I'll think a while about
how to do that.

> Radiosity could also help have more visibility in the dark places.
>
> How long does this image take to render ?

It took about 6 hours to render on my 2GHz Athlon PC. - So it will be
a very painful process to experiment with radiosity in this scene.

Tor Olav