POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment : Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:03:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Cubic Space Division experiences an earthquake - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Jun 2003 19:41:12
Message: <Xns93911243CC6B9torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"_Light_Beam_" <s.f### [at] tiscalifr> wrote in

> Impressive... How do you made this "distortion" ? Are there mesh ou
> CSGs ?

Thanks.

It's an isosurface.

Here is a similar image I made (without the distortion):
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13237/88607/

I used a function (built with a macro) to "distort" the isosurface.

The macro is named RotateXYZ_Function() and can be found in the
source code for the 4th image on my POV-Ray gallery page:
http://home.no/t-o-k/povray

Tor Olav