POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV-Ray 3.5: Sin() works incorrect : Re: What if... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What if...
From: ingo
Date: 24 May 2003 06:41:17
Message: <Xns9385819674110seed7@povray.org>
in news:3ecf4548@news.povray.org The Brain wrote:

> And what if I use the Rotate_Around_Trans macro instead of the simple
> rotate?

Brain,

If you take a look at the actual macro, you'll see that it is just a
'simple' rotate plus two translations.

Actually, I'm starting to wonder what it is you want to acheive? In
youre first post you want to rotate a cylinder, with one cap in the
origin, around the z-axis:

cylinder {
  <0,0,0>, <cap_somewhere>, 1
  rotate <0,0,clock*360>
}

Then you want to know the position of the other cap after rotation:

#declare CapPosition = vrotate(<cap_somewhere>,<0,0,clock*360>)

Now you want to use Rotate_Around_Trans, so ...?

Ingo