POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glowing Tube - 1 attachment : Glowing Tube - 1 attachment Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:35:04 EDT (-0400)
  Glowing Tube - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 21 May 2003 22:30:25
Message: <Xns93832EE059E8Btorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
I guess you all must be tired of this shape now...

I'm trying to make a similar effect to the glow effect that Ryan Bliss
has used in some of his images. Here's such an image:

http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/dbgallery/6/fluorescence6.shtml

Every triangle in the mesh2 for my tube shape is textured individually.
(Maybe media are needed to get closer to Ryan's fluorescence effect.)

While my image was rendering, I read some old posts on the POV-Ray
server about glowing. I found that Christoph Hormann once posted a nice
"glowing tree" image and that he mentioned that he used a "aoi pattern"
for the texture. Here's that thread:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/30297/

I couldn't remember this pattern from the documentation, so I went
googling - and found that it is a feature in MLPov; the "angle of
incidence" pattern.

Maybe a similar effect can be achieved with this pattern. But I wonder
if it will work for surfaces positioned "behind" a semitransparent
surface (like in my tube shape).

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'B-Splines03_09_13_20.jpg' (42 KB)

Preview of image 'B-Splines03_09_13_20.jpg'
B-Splines03_09_13_20.jpg