POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iso -> Parametric Iso ? : Re: Iso -> Parametric Iso ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso -> Parametric Iso ?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 16 May 2003 09:36:13
Message: <Xns937D9FB8BC6FAtorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in

> Just wondering: is it possible to "warp" a rounded box (bending,
> shearing, twisting...) or another shape? Simple surface displacement
> can be done using the formula above, but I've not been able to create
> more drastic deformations.

The shape in this animation;

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/31252/
http://home.no/t-o-k/povray/Quadrivariate_NURBS_Deformation.m1v
(The one on my homepage is of better quality.)

- does not have to be a "cube", it can be any mesh shape you want.

So a lot of different mesh deformations are possible by using
vector valued trivariate NURBS.

Tor Olav