POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The sphere within - 1 attachment : Re: The sphere within - 1 attachment Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:00:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The sphere within - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 29 Apr 2003 18:42:37
Message: <Xns936D7E0DE34Etorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in news:3eaef239@news.povray.org:

> That's really nice. Simple but complicated at the same time (i.e. it
> would take me ages to make something like that!).
>
> It's on a black background, so what's it reflecting? Did you just put
> some no_image objects in there to make the reflections look more
> glassy? :)
>
> Any chance you could show us the source for that object?

Thank you Tek.

The background is just two plain discs behind each
other. Apart from the object itself there are no
other objects in the scene. (There is of course a
light source to produce the highlit spot.)

The disc closest to the camera is black and covers
just the view of the camera.

The other disc is white and is placed right behind
the black one. It's radius is 10 times bigger.
(It can be replaced with an infinite plane.)

I hope that I can find time to clean up the code and
show it later this week.

Tor Olav