POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Freeware editors with alpha channel. : Re: Freeware editors with alpha channel. Server Time
29 Jun 2024 08:02:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Freeware editors with alpha channel.
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 28 Apr 2003 22:10:12
Message: <Xns936BE17605E95tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Fingolfin" <til### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in

>> Take a look at http://cinepaint.sourceforge.net/
>
> thanks but this can only go frame by frame and can't open movies, only
> stills. I was thinking more of something to edit the movies directly, and
> not frame by frame. Is there anything that can do this?

You are right that it does not handle video natively.  It does work with
series of still frames.  You can export the video to stills, perform your
edits and re-encode.  There is a mailing list that you can ask for
guidance.  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=31996