POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The sun and stars : Re: The sun and stars Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The sun and stars
From: Rich
Date: 26 Apr 2003 21:59:48
Message: <Xns9369CB6A5B803spammindspringcom@204.213.191.226>
Rich <SrP### [at] ricoswebcom> wrote in
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

>   So, realism is not the best option here, but I'd at least like to
> get rid of the stars that are visible through the sun's "atmosphere"
> and a bit beyond that.

Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response!  I am an amateur astronomer, so
I do know the whys and wherefors of why stars shouldn't appear in images
with brighter objects.  At the IMAX film "Space Station" I was asked why
there weren't any stars in the outside shots (any of them), and I had to
smile.

Anyway, I'm taking the suggestions by Tek to see if I can achieve the best
of both worlds, so to speak.  :)

Rich Allen