POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Convert Heightfield-like data to Nurbs? : Re: Convert Heightfield-like data to Nurbs? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:09:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convert Heightfield-like data to Nurbs?
From: ingo
Date: 4 Apr 2003 11:47:04
Message: <Xns9353BF81DD103seed7@povray.org>
in news:3e8d9c42$1@news.povray.org Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> The difficult thing is that I need a system which will convert
> 4 corners to one patch.

Don't know what exactly you want to achieve but how about generating a
grid of curves that goes through all given control points (heights).

http://users.pandora.be/desi-iii/SecretsE.html

Third section of the page (this would also be a nice spline/curve type
for a future POV-Ray version).

From this grid it should be possible to construct a Gordon Surface:

http://www.math.hmc.edu/
~gu/math142/mellon/Application_to_CAGD/Surface_Construction_Schem.html#g
ordon

http://olli.informatik.uni-
oldenburg.de/Grafiti3/grafiti/flow11/page3.html

http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/studentwork/CESCG99/MKuklisova/clanok.html
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/studentwork/CESCG99/MKuklisova/node1.html

Due to lack of mathematical skills I've not been able to come up with a
macro that can generate these surfaces :(

Ingo