POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Handling for Water-Surface-System : Re: Object Handling for Water-Surface-System Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Handling for Water-Surface-System
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 27 Mar 2003 09:08:43
Message: <Xns934B9A3FB50B3torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in
> With transform functions you could easily interpolate between two
> transforms but the tricky thing is you can't use the functions to
> transform regular objects.  This of course leads to the idea of function
> based transforms - this would be an interesting new feature.

I don't understand what you mean by "function based transforms".

Please explain (and if possible give an example of a problem
that it would solve that is not possible to solve in a "good"
way with POV-Ray v3.5).

(IIRC: "interpolating" between _any_ two arbitrary matrix
transformations are not a well defined problem.)

Tor Olav