POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MLPov crash with HDRI : Re: MLPov crash with HDRI Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:07:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MLPov crash with HDRI
From: Helen
Date: 7 Mar 2003 16:21:09
Message: <Xns9337EDC622BCAhelentrhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Mael" <mae### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in news:3e68813c$1@news.povray.org:

> I tried resizing a lightprobe with hdrshop then render it with
> map_type 7 on a sphere but no crash. What was the size of the image ?

Then it was probably because of the buffer limitation (is it only for image
width?). I mistyped and made an image 1600X2400 and it worked, while the
opposite didn't.

> There is a limitation in the current Read_HDR_Image function : image
> width must be < 2048 (with no test so if it s bigger => crash). It
> could easily be corrected but i do not plan to release any new mlpov
> version, so you'll have to wait for a megapov with high dynamic range
> images support (or recompile mlpov with a buffer size > 2048)

I am sorry to hear that you will not release a new version. MlPov was a
sensation in the Terragen community. Recompiling is beyond me, I am afraid,
so: Anyone knows whether MegaPov will actually support HDR images?

Helen